Thursday 22 August 2013

MAC crashed - Installing Ubuntu as single boot

MAC crashed - Installing Ubuntu as single boot

My new mac book pro crashed. Yes, I have the warranty & apple guys will
replace the hdd but I do not want this crappy apple now. I am rather
considering setting up ubuntu on this hardware.
I've taken out mac book's original hdd (that crashed) and got a new
external disk. I intend to use this new hdd with ubuntu install in my Mac.
There is no working copy of mac os in the original mac disk now.
I've seen several posts suggesting I can install ubuntu on the disk & I
have already done the install on my new ext disk.
The problem I am facing at the moment is once I take out the Ubuntu
install CD and try to boot the MAC with the new hdd (ubuntu), it doesn't
start up. This new hdd is connected as external disk only (via a usb
connector).
Should I put it inside the MAC instead.?
Are there any issues using Ubuntu as single boot on MAC?
What about MAC firmware updates?
Any points / inputs will be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment