Sunday 18 August 2013

Android monitor won't recognize my Android (Galaxy S2) on Windows 8

Android monitor won't recognize my Android (Galaxy S2) on Windows 8

I'm trying to build and run a cordova project on my Galaxy S2. I'm having
trouble getting my windows 8 HP Pavilion intel core i5 laptop to recognize
the phone. Here's the two things that have worked for me:
A. I've gone through the whole process easily on my windows 7 desktop, so
it isn't my phone's settings
B. I can transfer files from my phone on the windows 8 machine (ie its
icon appears in My Computer), so its not a simple connection issue
I've followed these instructions, which look pretty identical to the
official windows 7 instruction for some reason. The result was that my
computer told me "Windows was unable to install your SAMSUNG_Android".
Going to the android monitor never shows my phone when i plug it in. I
also tried installing directly from
sdk/extras/google/usb_driver/android_winusb.inf (it tells me "The
operation completed successfully"), then restarted the computer. No Dice.
So what gives? How do I do this? Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment