Monday 19 August 2013

A local repository to update games?

A local repository to update games?

I have a computer cafe. Updating and maintaining files (particularly
games) has been a hassle for me and my employees. In addition, I am not
willing to pay for something like G-Cafe Management Program. I am familiar
with programming languages like C, PHP, JAVA, but I am neither aware of
what logic and algorithm I would use for my objective nor familiar with
networking
My friend suggested I use a local repository, so I researched topics
regarding the same matter. But it turns out that I have a question that
was not answered by discussions I've read.
This is how I view how my update was going to work:
I plan on updating games through this flow: [(Internet -> Server) ->
(Server -> Client]. If there are game updates, the local server will
download it through the internet; then, the client will copy or download
these files from the local server.
Seeing that games have autoupdaters, I plan on placing all of the games
inside the repository (in the server) and the client stations will connect
to that repository. But then again, SVN works with revisions, am I right?
Are there any suggestions or ideas whether how will I be able to update
client games through SVN / Git (of course from the server)? Or if there
are any other ways?
I was playing too dumb.. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment