Monday 26 August 2013

Boot-repair doesn't work

Boot-repair doesn't work

I am a new user, and I may have completely screwed up my computer trying
to install Ubuntu 13.04. I'm working from a liveUSB, and I'm pretty sure I
accidentally uninstalled Windows 8 (which is what my computer came with -
now the computer doesn't recognize any boot device without the USB
inserted), and now the computer simply won't boot. When I start the
computer with the liveUSB inserted, I am taken to a page headed "GNU GRUB
version 2.00-13ubuntu3", which allows me to select "Try Ubuntu without
installing" or "Install Ubuntu," and I've already installed it - if I try
to install again, it gives me the option of installing alongside Ubuntu
13.04 or replacing it, so I am pretty sure it installed the first time but
it just won't boot. I then used Try Ubuntu and followed the instructions
under 2nd Option on this page:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair
I tried rebooting, and it didn't work - I just went back to the "GNU GRUB
version 2.00-13ubuntu3" menu once again. The url from my boot-repair
attempt is http://paste.ubuntu.com/6030961
I know this is very chaotic, and I am in way over my head, so any
help/advice would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment